Friday, March 2, 2012

Rainy Day Rantings

I lay in my bed with a roof over my head worrying about the rain outside. I don't want to put my rain jacket on and get in my car and drive in the rain. I don't like rain. I complain about rain.

I get to work and look at my new friend Kimberly's FB post. Last night while I was in my comfy bed, she was rescuing two 10 year old girls from the sex slave trade in Nairobi.  Earlier this week, two new little boys are taken in at Mattaw. One's mother is in jail for wanting to kill him. I reflect on the children Katie has saved in Uganda. Picture her digging the bugs our of their feet, bathing them, loving them.

I know there are forgotten children here in the states. But the it's hard for me to picture here in the states, your mom and dad just going to find work and not coming home AND social services not getting involved. These kids are just left, on the streets, no one cares, they are considered filth. Adults just walk by them lying there, and don't even look down. Or if they do, it is to tell others not to get to close to the filth. It breaks my heart. I can't wait until we are there, helping, reminding them that they are loved, if by no one other than me,  by God their Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment