Monday, February 27, 2012

Hey Mama

Hey Mama,
I cannot believe it has been 5 years since you left this earth. I know that you are in Heaven with our Lord and are well and happy. I miss you terribly everyday. But I'm OK most of the time and actually happy too. I feel you with me and I know that you are proud of the path my life is on.

Caleb is getting so big, he's 14 now. He is doing very well in school and is involved in sports. You would be so proud! He is involved in the youth group at Ebenezer. His teachers say he participates openly in classes. He's polite and well mannered. He and I still talk about you often, he has great memories with you.

We have been through some ruff times in the last 5 years, but we have come out of it OK, and me stronger in my faith. I am so glad that I trusted God to be in control of my everyday life, not just my Sundays. I know that thru everything we do, He is in control and wants the best for us. Caleb and I joined Ebenezer in November 2010. We started going with Mimi and Papa and just felt it was time to become part of the church family. Caleb has gone on some trips with the youth and made some really good friends. I have a wonderful sunday school class and a bible study group that I don't think I could do life without anymore.

I have been on a journey of spiritual growth Mama. I love it, crave to study more. I love my Drawing Room time with God. I love that I pray my way to work most mornings. This wonderful journey is taking me to Africa Mama. I am going to work in a children's village in Kenya this summer. Can you imagine?! I would have never seen myself leaving the United States, much less going to Africa. You remember how afraid of planes I was? My friend Sherrie helped God help me with the fear of flying.God has made it possible for me to travel with a group from church to Kenya to share His love with these children. I know you will be with me every step of the way.

God sent me Sherrie Gilreath from Atlanta since you've been gone. She lost her mama too. I finally was able to see what I look like with a full head of hair! She has been a good friend. She has also been a great encouragement in my spiritual growth.

I talked to Jeannette and Daddy every now and then. Ricky is still mad at me for spending time with Melanie and the boys Thanksgiving 2010. I am hoping one day he will realize how important family is. Melanie lets us see the boys when they come home. They are all getting so big. Hard to believe that Caleb will be driving in a year!

I know you already know all of these things, but I just felt the need to write it down for you to see on this Anniversary of you starting your life with our Savior. I am so happy for you, but still get really sad here at times. I know you are happy and don't want us to be sad. I know you were ready. I love you Mama!


Wawee

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Sharon! Absolutely beautiful! Just like you!

    ReplyDelete