Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Me

I have prayed that I am going to Kenya for the right reasons. I have also prayed that have a servants heart.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to read the entire Bible by 12/31/12. As I have been reading the last 5 days God has really spoken to me. I realized that if I spent 1/10 of the time in the Word that I spend on social media, I would have one amazing relationship with Him. I see notes I have jotted in my Bible....pray for God's agenda, not mine," "give me a servant's heart." Then I see underlined, Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have...1Peter 3:15.

OK, He is showing me the way! Spend more time in the Word. Don't just read the words to say you have read them. Let the words change you. So I have decided to cut back on "cloud time" and spend more with my Lord. He is preparing me for the greatest adventure of my life this summer. Paige said to be flexible, God will mold us into what He needs before we leave. Please keep me and everyone in our group in your prayers in the coming months as we are "molded" into the messengers we need to be to spread the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment