Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year Ya'll

Was blessed to spend New Year's Eve with friends that Chris and I have had for over 23 years. Most of the group came as Chris' package deal when we started dating. For years and years we would spend every New Year's Eve together at the beach. No matter where we were with work, school, life, we would all make the trip to Surfside Beach and spend New Year's together. Then came more marriages and children. The beach house was sold, people move away....

But this year several of us were able to spend it together again. We talked and laughed about the New Year's of the past. Thanked God we are still alive and never arrested (propane tank on the beach). Our children all got along as if they were already friends and understood the bond we all have with each other.

And then came the cannon. I guess I should mention that one of the group activities used to be to see what could be blown up or shot with the most "show."  All of these 40 something  year old men were running around like the teenagers planning, loading, and shooting the cannon. Again, I thank God no one got hurt and we weren't arrested. Fun was had by everyone from 3yrs old on up!  It's like we just picked back up from the last time we were with these friends. I am so happy we were invited. The only down side was I am not used to staying up or out until 1:30 in the morning.

The New Year begins and I am with my husband, son, and good friends...great start to 2012! I am so looking forward to see how God uses me this year. He has big dreams for me and I look forward to the changes in my life and the lives of others that will take place in 2012! Happy New Year Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment