Monday, October 10, 2011

Beloved Beauties

I have been in and out of church for years. All during that time I have been told that I just have a need to belong to something. That I wasn't seeking God or a religion, I just needed to belong to a group.

Tonight I realized that both are true. I strive to have a closer relationship with God daily. And I, personally, need one to help grow the other. And it is OK to want to belong to a group of like minded people. God wants us to fellowship and worship with our church family.

Tonight I realized how thankful I am for the Beloved Beauties. A group of women from different walks of life, different ages, different places. But we are all seeking the same thing. A closer relationship with God. But to me, the most important thing is listening to others share. Realizing I'm not the only one that has doubts, worries, anger, self pity, guilt. These women help remind me that God loves me DESPITE all of my short comings.

I posted on Facebook yesterday: If you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday, what would you have?  Tonight I am reminded to thank God for these women daily! Not only for their prayers but just for the accepting me for who I am and reminding me that God loves me for who I am as well.

So I am glad I have a need to belong to a group. I am glad that Tory Brown pointed me in the direction of the Beloved Beauties. And I thank God for each and every Beauty in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment