Monday, October 3, 2011

Blessed

I am BLESSED with the dearest, christian friends. And they put up with me and encourage me on a daily basis. They always have an ear to listen and often have a word to encourage or lead me to God's word for a lesson. I have been worrying, even complaining about God not working on an issue in my life the way "I" wanted him to. I kept praying for God to fix it, heal it, take care of it. Oh yeah, and do it NOW, please.

Gerri told me something last week that finally sunk in. She said maybe I needed to change the way I was praying about the situation. So, I started praying for the Lord to show ME how I could help the situation. What could I do to make a difference. How could He use me to fix it. My new plan of prayer started Wednesday night.

Friday night after our Homecoming football game, Caleb and I watched Facing the Giants. God showed me thru this movie a way to help.

Saturday morning, we all got up and spent the day together working around the house and yards as a family. All 5 of us. It was a good day.

I seem to get carried away and forget that God is in control. I say I believe in him, but do I live it out in EVERYTHING I do - no! God can't work thru me if others can't see God in me. That was re-emphasized  during Courageous yesterday afternoon. And again, we got things painted, moved, shampooed - as a family.

I am BLESSED. And I am glad I stepped back to see it. I praise God for my blessings! I pray that He will continue to work in me so others see Him "poking out" of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment