Friday, September 30, 2011

Mary and Martha's other Sister

This morning my  Drawing Room actually ended up being my car. I loaded everything in, started the car and reach for to turn on the radio, and then didn't. The Lord was calling me. I was at a place where I could really listen this morning.

Since I started this bible study I have been trying to decide if I am Mary or Martha. Well today I realized that there is a redheaded sister that the bible doesn't mention. I named her Matty. She is not the the hospitality queen of Martha nor Mary, the one bold enough to sit at the feet of Jesus. Matty is insecure, scared, lazy, worried, and weak.

I am Matty.

This morning, God said "Matty (He likes my new nickname), didn't I give you the peace to have a good night's sleep last night after the day you had. How many times do I have to tell you I got this." Well, evidently He has to tell me at least 7 times a day. But you know what else He told me? If it is 7 or 7000 times a day, He is there. He is NOT going to leave me.

Thank you God! For loving an insecure, scared, lazy, worried, and weak girl. Thank you for picking up the pieces when I fall apart (which seems to be often lately). Thank you for gently reminding me in the mornings that You are there, and thumping me in the head when I need it. Thank you for blessing me with the family and  friends in my life. In Your strong, brave, loving name I pray.....Amen

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment