Thursday, February 23, 2012

Your life paints the picture of His Love & Mercy

I have been preparing to give my testimony at our worship services this coming Sunday. I have just sat down and started typing, letting God guide me to what to put on the paper. I think my notes have changed at least once a day since I started this process. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I was asked. This past year has been pretty horrible for my family. They economy and housing markets have made us make changes and get rid of most of our material things. Adjusting to sharing a home with my in-laws. Recovering from surgeries. We've had better years. But as I wrote, pages and pages started filling up.

This has been one of the best years of my life. When I sat back and read the words I had on the paper, I realized that although we have gone thru some tuff times in the last couple years, I am happier than I have been in a long time. We are blessed. Blessed to have a roof over our heads, family that loves me, a good job, and on and on. I also know that all of this is because Jesus has never left my side. I gave him my yoke and he has showed us the best in the situations we dealt with and all I can do is praise Him.

I was reading Matthew 25 this week since that is what David will be giving his message on. And because I am trying to make it all  about me, I think what do I have to give for God's use? Then I go back and start reading my notes. It's not how much we have, but how well we use what we have. I pretty much have nothing left (material possessions). But I do have and have used the love God has given me. If nothing else I pray every morning that others may see how God has changed me thru my daily actions. I want to ooze His love. I want people to ask me about my new outlook and be able to share what God has done in my life.

AHA! This is why David asked me to give my testimony - for the Glory of God

1 comment:

  1. You do ooze His love! I praise Him for blessing my life with your friendship.

    ReplyDelete