Thursday, September 29, 2011

Leaving the rest to God

I start the day in the Drawing Room with quiet time, I listen to Good Morning while getting dressed and driving to work, By 10:00am I am wallowing in in the misery that is my life. Funny how the devil knows the weaknesses we have and continues to poke at them until the balloon is popped and I have deflated.

So I spend the next 6 or so hours with my "friends", worry, anxiety, and depression. And I invite others into my misery (my friends are truly blessings in my life). Anyone that will listen. And when telling a friend about a email signature I saw, the I get the thump in the head again. The signature read

Live Simply

Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God

DUH! It's a wonder I don't have a permanent dent in my forehead from the God thumping me as He says, told you so! And then I picture the Told Ya So dance in my head (can't remember what TV show or movie that was from).

Moral of the story....God is always there to patch the balloon when we get a weak spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment