Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spiritual Oompa-Loompas

Funny how God speaks to us. In a world where people are continually trying to change the face of Christianity to be new, fun, cool. Bright lights, bands, fireworks...I love the way Joanna Weaver describes it. "We are not spiritual Ooompa-Loompas in some cosmic chocolate factory, working night and day to churn out a smoother, better-tasting Christianity." She states also that we may be trying to "improve" Christianity because we don't want to leave our comfort zones. We feel uneasy, don't want to get too emotional, or just don't slow down enough to give time to your relationship with Christ.

So, today as I was sitting in the doctor's office I realized that God doesn't want a brighter, bigger, better-tasting, cookie cutter Christian. He wants to have a fellowship with us. "There is no need to lay aside your intellect or your personality when you enter the Living Room. Just come as you are. As a child of God." Just as I am... nerdy, theater loving, balding, sarcastic, emotional me!

And......I LOVE that He used Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory to break it down to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment